Re: no files being indexed using http,,,,,

From: <Kevin.Fay(at)not-real.CommerceQuest.com>
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 19:30:26 GMT
I changed the declaration path in swishspider.pl and have it pointed to my
perl executable.

Just tried to run swish-e again and.............
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2\bin>swish-e -S http -c ../src/user.config
Indexing Data Source: "HTTP-Crawler"
retrieving http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/~ghill/spider.html (0)...

Removing very common words... no words removed.
Writing main index... no unique words indexed.
Writing file index... no files indexed.
Running time: 1 minute.
Indexing done!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not good. All I'm trying to do is index the spider.html file located at
the site above. This page does exist.
Recap:
So far we have concluded that
my cofig file is fine
I have the latest non-build version of swish-e on my machine.
My version of Perl is sufficient and contains all the necessary LWP
modules to build an http index.

So the root cause is in the ability of swish-e to grab the specified
file(s) to index.

Bill Moseley <moseley@hank.org>
Sent by: swish-e@sunsite.berkeley.edu
04/26/01 02:43 PM