RE: XML et PropertyNames printing results

From: <jmruiz(at)not-real.boe.es>
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 15:16:29 GMT
Hi,

On 22 Apr 2001, at 13:08, Rainer.Scherg@rexroth.de wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think there seems to be a missunderstanding of properties for a
> document. Basically, you can have only one property entry "nic" or
> "naf" per document.
>
> So because swish is storing only the content of one "nic" tag in the
> database, it is difficult to guess, which data is the correct one.
>
> Using "swish-e .... -w NIC=0017" you are asking swish to return
> "pointers" to documents containing the searched words.
>
> Please correct be, if I'm wrong, but I think you want to have a  XML
> database.

Hi,

Sorry, I did not understand the problem. As pointed by Rainer, you
are trying to use swish as an XML database but swish is not an XML
database. It is just a search engine with some sort of support for
XML files. In your sample, swish considers it as an unique
document. As pointed by Bill, you can do the following:

1- Split your file because your file contains two documents. This is
the way swish has always worked: 1 document per file.
2- Use LST method (several documents per file). In your sample,
you need to remove ROOT tag (Bill is right once again) because the
document separator is the first tag found (ROOT in your sample and
it should be COUNTRY).
3- Use the new prog method.
4- Of course, you can parse the results with your own script.

cu
Jose