Re: Daily snapshot

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 03:34:42 GMT
At 07:39 PM 04/22/01 -0700, Andrew Ho wrote:
>Actually, I'm a little confused as to what the "official" current version
>of SWISH-E is. The original SWISH-E webpage says it's still 1.3.2
>(http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/SWISH-E/). However, I'm seeing 2.0.x releases
>mentioned on this list, plus mentions of 2.1.xdev. Also, people on this
>list are recommending the use of 2.0+ instead of 1.3.2 because indexing is
>faster. So what's the latest release or stable snapshot of SWISH-E that is
>production ready?

Hi Andrew,

At http://www.boe.es/swish-e/ the 2.0.5 version would probably be the one
to call the last stable release.  I'm not sure how to define "official",
and as far as production I think a number of people are using recent
development snap-shots without any problems.  Of course, it depends if you
want any of the new features or optimizations of the development version or
not.

The plan it to get 2.2 out real soon -- that's been the plan for a month or
so, anyway.  So, there's not much happening with the development version
before then.  Hopefully the SWISH-E site will get an upgrade, too.  It's
just a matter of (available) time.

You know how it goes: if you are on the development side of things the
current cvs version is the best one ;)

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org