File Paths

From: AusAqua <ausaqua(at)not-real.yp-connect.net>
Date: Tue Apr 17 2001 - 09:36:25 GMT
G'day all,

I've downloaded Lookup1.6.0 and installed on a Linux server.  It includes
swish-e 1.3.3 and autoswish.  I've read the various "ReadMe"s that come with
it but these assume a level of knowledge that I don't yet have.

So in order to work out how to set up my own site search engine (simple.cgi
or search.cgi), I'd like to study an existing file tree for this package
(once installed) and compare it to the settings of the relevant
configuration files and other files where the file path is referenced.
Would anybody out there be able to assist me by providing such an example,
or directions to a Web site that would illustrate this?  While I do not have
much in the way of programming skills, I do learn well by example.

Thankyou for your indulgence,

Andrew Lord
AUSTRALIA

PS.  Do I need to use the PERL program to make changes to config files or is
WordPad suitable for this purpose?