RE: SWISH-E in Harvest

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon Apr 09 2001 - 15:12:20 GMT
Hi Andreas,

Indexing this type of file is possible in swish-e.

Two options:

1) rewrite your files in XML (or even HTML if you like).  Then you can
specify some tags as metanames.

or

2) if you don't want to rewrite the files (you need them in that format),
write a "prog" document source program to read the files, and output back
to swish reformatted in xml or meta tags so you can search by tag.  This is
an easy task if you know a tiny bit of perl.

<author>
   Frank
</author>

then search -w foo and author=frank