RE: SWISH-E in Harvest

From: zvd014 <andreas.rann(at)not-real.gast.uni-rostock.de>
Date: Mon Apr 09 2001 - 14:56:47 GMT
Thanks Rainer for your eMail,

we use the Web search engine "Harvest"
(http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/harvest/ ).
The "Harvest"- gatherer collect files from different locations.
After this the Harvest- broker stored the files as Text Files in a Directory
Hierarchy.
The Files are in SOIF Format. Here is an example.
------------------------------
@FILE { http://www.mela-schwe......htm
update-time{9}: 986018173
gatherer-name{18}: DVZ Harvest server
type{4}: HTML
file-size{4}: 4226
body{2}:
description{259}: Mela Schwerin GmbH offers a complete range of
reconditioned starter
motors and generators of all makes (on a replacement basis) for
commercial vehicles, forklifts, motor coaches, construction machines,
agricultural machinery, marine and industrial technology.
head{72}: language="JavaScript"> language="JavaScript1.1">
language="JavaScript">
keywords{338}: accessories
agricultural
automotive
busses
cars
title{77}: mela Schwerin GmbH - reconditioned starter motors and generators
of all
makes
url-references{58}: ../index.htm
service.htm
products.htm
sale.htm
contact.htm
}
The original indexer is glimpse. We would like to use SWISH-E as indexer.
SWISH-E is faster and the broker gets ranking values from SWISH-E.
But I think SWISH-E can't create an index on the SOIF- Fields.
Searching for "(author:Frank)" isn't possible .

Thanks!

Andreas