Re: Sorting by swishlastmodified auto property

From: SRE <eckert(at)not-real.climber.org>
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 15:30:00 GMT
At 12:37 AM 4/5/01, Bill Moseley wrote:
>CVS is easy to use, so you might consider that again.  Much easier than
>downloading and gzip and tar.

Easier to use, harder to set up. BTW, Windoze binaries are available.
The WinCVS help file says "The official web site for CVS is www.cyclic.com"

I used CVS for another open source project, and found it very useful to
be given a magic command-line incantation... but that wasn't enough.
There are all sorts of conventions to learn, and I never found a good
beginner tutorial. Heck, even the WinCVS help file starts by saying
it presumes you're familiar with CVS and then goes on to explain the
GUI and not the underlying software.

On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, David Wood wrote:
> p.s.  Sorry, I'm not much of a cvs master; is there an easy way
> for me to see what has changed in your daily builds?

Perhaps a nice web page showing all the setup stuff (like "rm .cvspass")
that tends to get overlooked would help. An expert could probably throw
it together for the swish CVS tree in 3 minutes. There are command line
options to run diffs between what is there now and what you last checked
out, but I haven't used CVS in a few months and would have to rediscover
them - another entry for the SWISH CVS page? Or was someone asking for
things that needed to be in the FAQ?

SRE

mailto:eckert(at)not-real.climber.org | http://www.climber.org/eckert/
Info on peak climbing email lists mailto:info@climber.org

"If you think education is expensive, try ignorance."
		-- Derek Bok, president of Harvard