Re: ReplaceRules question

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 05:54:05 GMT
At 05:37 PM 04/02/01 -0700, David Wood wrote:
>Hmmm, this might be a real RTFM'er:  the help for ReplaceRules says
>'ReplaceRules allows you to make changes to file pathnames before they're
>indexed.'.  But doesn't the change occur _after_ indexing?  Not trying to
>be nit-picky, just trying to understand how this feature works.

I guess that's saying that it happens during indexing not during searching.
 It doesn't change what gets indexed.  That is, you can't use ReplaceRules
to modify the path swish uses to find files to index.

A simple test configuration file, a sample document, and this command are
your friends:

   swish-e -f test.index -D -v 4 | grep -v ^0

Index one file and use that to see what's happening.

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org