Re: Bad directive on line #181: IndexContent HTML

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 05:29:39 GMT
At 06:51 PM 04/02/01 -0700, David Wood wrote:
>FileFilter .xls iw_to_html
>IndexContent HTML .xls
>
>is giving the errors:
>
>Bad directive on line #181: IndexContent HTML .doc

Try IndexContents

http://sunsite.berkeley.edu:4444/SWISH-CONFIG.html#item_IndexContents

>The FileFilter directives seem to work fine without the IndexContent
>directives.  By the way, do I need to use those IndexContent directives at
>all or do all filters default to HTML?  The docs say that HTML is the
>default, but this example:

Yes, the default is to index as html, unless you change the DefaultContents.

http://sunsite.berkeley.edu:4444/SWISH-CONFIG.html#item_DefaultContents

Again you may find slightly better indexing speed by using the "prog"
feature and filter the documents before passing to swish.  The filter
feature runs an external program for every document filtered.  On the other
hand, filters are probably easier to configure since it's all done from the
config file, and the expense of forking/exec for every filtered document
probably isn't that much.

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org