RE: Word Locations

From: <Rainer.Scherg(at)not-real.rexroth.de>
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 12:54:22 GMT
This is not an easy task...
We discussed it and there is IMO also some code for this topic
done by Jose.

We identified the following problems (as I remember...):
  - filtered documents have modified (filtered) output ...
  - Tags / stopwords may be removed ...
  - returning the result position(s) (multiple occurence
    of word in a doc) is not clear.
  - Postprocessing for documents (e.g. for highlighting)
    needed...

Today, IMO the best way to do so is the following:
  - implement the following into the search cgi.
  - when clicking on the document (e.g. html)
    -> process searchwords by replacing
       each found searchword in the doc with
       the text you want to have...

    like:
       s#(searchword)#<FONT...>\$1</FONT>#g

cu rainer

This Mail has been checked for Viruses

* * *

Diese Mail wurde auf Viren ueberprueft
Hinweis: Verschluesselte Mails koennen NICHT geprueft werden !