Re: Q: No rule to make target `parse_conffile.c',

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 19:24:50 GMT
At 11:07 AM 02/23/01 -0800, Kati Gäbler wrote:
>"No rule to make target `parse_conffile.c', needed by `parse_conffile.o'.
>Stop."

Ah, life on the leading edge of swish development.

For the short time go here and get a new version:

  http://sunsite.berkeley.edu:4444/swish-daily/

I forgot to start the cron job when I set that up a few days ago.  But it's
running now -- daily updates.  That would be better linked off the real
swish site, I'd think.

I just downloaded and built swish and make test ran so I think that one works.

>Anyone knows what it means? the complete make output was:

Probably that the file didn't make it into your distribution.

>Should I use a PREFIX of some kind with configure or/and when doing make, as
>I don't have root permissions, if so, exactly how is that normally done?

You don't need to.  If you use a PREFIX when building swish it just changes
where things get installed when (if) you do a "make install".  I think most
people just build swish and copy src/swish-e anywhere they like.

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org