Not indexing certain directories

From: Joe Momma <info(at)not-real.joemcse.com>
Date: Thu Feb 15 2001 - 22:04:14 GMT
I want to stop the indexer from going into certain directories, but it is
not working.

This part is where I would specify this, right?

FileRules pathname contains admin testing demo trash construction domains
confidential miva ads error digest
FileRules filename is search.html
FileRules filename contains # % ~ .bak .orig .old old. xxx
FileRules title contains construction example pointers
FileRules directory contains .htaccess
# Files matching the above criteria will *not* be indexed.

I changed the FileRules pathname and FileRules directory contains , but
neither worked.

What does it need to look like if I need to block them out.
*some  directories needed to block: ads adimages temp errors Library etc.

BTW - The indexer works fine when I don't specify anything, but soon as I do
then it doesn't index at all. Using version 1.3.2.

Thank you,

Joe