Re: Conpilation on Compaq Tru64 UNIX

From: Dave Stevens <dstevens(at)not-real.roaddog.com>
Date: Tue Feb 06 2001 - 08:56:20 GMT
I personally haven't tried it on Tru64 (nee DEC) Unix, but I have
sucessfully on Solaris 2.6, 7 and 8 and FreeBSD, in addition to Linux.  The
thing that has helped me, is to use the original GNU gcc and GNU make,
(http://www.gnu.org)

I've found that software developed with Linux or the GNU tools, require
libs that some other distributions might not include.  Don't know that it's
the case here, but it's something to try.

Dave