RE: Q: Swish-E foreign language character support

From: Mark <admin(at)not-real.asarian-host.org>
Date: Sun Feb 04 2001 - 11:20:23 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: <Rainer.Scherg@rexroth.de>
To: "Multiple recipients of list" <swish-e@sunsite.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Sunday, February 04, 2001 11:56 AM
Subject: [SWISH-E] RE: Q: Swish-E foreign language character support

> Which version of swish did you try?
>
> If you tried the 1.3x version, please switch to the 2.0.x version.
>

> Development of 2.0.x is done at http://swishe.sourceforge.net
> (docs, etc). Download of latest source is also available at
> http://www.boe.es/swish-e/ or via links from
> http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/SWISH-E/
>

> tschuess... Rainer

Great! A new version! :) My only question is, though, is it downwards
compatible? And when I say downwards compatible, I do not mean for the
index-files to be of the same format. But I only mean, are the scripts that
I am using now to create the indices still able to generate the same indices
with the new version?

I specificially ask, because of the Spider. I regret to say, but I do not
think the 1.3 Spider script in Perl is all that good. I was kinda hoping
improvements have been made in that area too.

Thanks,

- Mark

        System Administrator Asarian-host.org

---