Re: updating autoconf changes in cvs

From: Jason Birch <jbirch(at)>
Date: Thu Dec 14 2000 - 17:49:34 GMT
On Thu, 14 Dec 2000 07:35:33 -0800 (PST), Bill Moseley
<> spoke:

> I didn't think about that when I first added the distribution to cvs --
> I'll remove those from the repository if you haven't already done so.  But
> once those are removed it shouldn't matter on commit if those are in your
> working directory or not.  That is, you shouldn't need to make clean before
> doing a commit.

Perhaps these should be added to the cvsignore settings?  I don't know
if you can do that without direct access to the server, but you should
be able to just navigate to the file in the CVS tree and edit it.

> Anyone familiar with SourceForge?  They have a system for making
> distributions, but I'm not clear on that process.

Yeah, but you have to build the files yourself, upload them to the SF
/incoming directory, and then specify them when doing the release.
It's a pretty clumsy process really.
When I do a release there, I run a script like this in a clean
directory first to produce the release files:

# just pass in whatever version it is like 2.1.2
SWISHETAG=swishe_`echo $1 | sed y/\./_/`
# Next lines to the zip are a single line:
cvs -z3 ex -r
zip -9r $ $SWISHEVER
cat $SWISHEVER.tar | gzip -9 > $SWISHEVER.tar.gz
bzip2 $SWISHEVER.tar

This all assumes that you are using a common release tagging format
like "swishe_2_0_0", "swishe_2_1_2", etc...