Formatting the output from Swish-E

From: Patrick Dunford <pdunford.webs(at)not-real.clear.net.nz>
Date: Mon Dec 04 2000 - 00:41:53 GMT
Hi, I have a Swish-E index that uses a CGI script to do the search and
return the results.

I would like to have more control over the formatting of the results that
are returned. If I use PHP instead how hard is it to drive the Swish-E
engine? Are there any examples of this?

Also, I would like to know how to return in the results the first few
hundred characters of text from the document, as I have seen on some sites.
Does this require a change to some other part of the Swish-E configuration?

Patrick Dunford, Christchurch, NZ - http://pdunford.godzone.net.nz/

   Therefore I tell you that no one who is speaking by the Spirit
of God says, "Jesus be cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is
Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.
    -- 1 Corinthians 12:3
http://www.heartlight.org/cgi-shl/todaysverse.cgi?day=20001203
Created by Mail2Sig - http://pdunford.godzone.net.nz/software/mail2sig/