title and non html

From: <jmruiz(at)not-real.boe.es>
Date: Mon Nov 20 2000 - 16:10:35 GMT
Hi Rainer,

I have been looking at your suggestions about the code and I agree
with you:

- isokhtml and ishtml pieces of code should not be in
indexadir (fs.c). Like you, I think they are there for
historical reasons.

- looking now at funcion http_indexpath (http.c): if we have set the
document type based on its extension (Eg: IndexContents HTML
.htm .html), it has non sense checking for text ("text/") in the http
header and, as you states, we are using an html-like approach to get
the words instead of a plain txt. At least we have to check for
"text/html" or "text/plain". Anyway, I think that this piece of code can
be removed.

- do_index_file (index.c) does not need title if we get it inside the
countwords_XXX routine. Making things this way, probably
DOCENTRY does not need title and this structure can be removed.

- xml.c, txt.c. Totally agree. They need some code for
title/summary/description and the title parameter in the call to the
routine is not needed.

IMO summary/description means "title" for html documents. Other
documents can have their own summary. So, any reference to title
should be removed outside the countwords_HTML routine.

cu
Jose