Autoconf change for swish-e-2.1.8

From: Bas Meijer <bas(at)not-real.antraciet.nl>
Date: Wed Nov 15 2000 - 09:11:56 GMT

>The non-stable one: swish-e-2.1.8.tar.gz....

>Both of them can be download, as usual, from:
>
>http://www.boe.es/swish-e

Hi Jose,

I dumped those build warnings to the list yesterday, here's some more info:
Since IRIX (and others) don't need ranlib, you should add the following lines
to swish-e-2.1.8/src/configure.in:

dnl Resolve ranlib dependencies
AC_PROG_RANLIB

Also change the Makefile.in to use @RANLIB@ from configure:

diff -c Makefile.in Makefile.in.org
*** Makefile.in Wed Nov 15 09:42:40 2000
--- Makefile.in.org     Wed Nov 15 09:28:23 2000
***************
*** 26,32 ****
   LIBS=-lm

   AR = ar
! RANLIB = @RANLIB@

   #
   # The objects for the different methods and
--- 26,32 ----
   LIBS=-lm

   AR = ar
! RANLIB = ranlib

   #
   # The objects for the different methods and

Then run autoconf before distribution.

However on IRIX 6.2 gcc that still leaves:

    make
    ... (everything goes until)
    gcc -o swish-e -g -O2 swish.o libswish-e.a -lm
ld: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "snprintf" -- 1st referenced by swish.o.
         Use linker option -v to see when and which objects, archives
and dsos ar
e loaded.
ld: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "vsnprintf" -- 1st referenced by
libswish-e
.a(http.o).
         Use linker option -v to see when and which objects, archives
and dsos ar
e loaded.
ld: INFO 152: Output file removed because of error.
*** Error code 1 (bu21)

kind regards,

Bas Meijer

Perl CGI interface to Swish-e 1.3.x