Re: Can it be done: Inverse of IngnoreWords? UseWords

From: <jmruiz(at)not-real.boe.es>
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 12:39:47 GMT
Hi Alain

On 8 Nov 2000, at 1:00, Alain Tuezney wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to index my site-to-be using SWISH-E. I already set up
> SWISH-E and autoswish and they seem to work.
>
> But now i want to create an index file  containing only the words I
> want to be searched for instead of all the words SWISH finds - the
> words in the IngnoreWords.
>
> I 've read the documentation on swish-e indexing & did not find any
> feasable solution yet.
>
> It wouln't be applicable if one makes an index first and than filter
> out all the words by adding them to the IngnoreWords.
>
> If only it could it be an UseWords list, meaning the ability to supply
> SWISH-E in it's configfile the name of a file containing the all words
> you would like the search to be able to look for.

A new directive like UseWords is not difficult to add to the index
proccess. In this case, only the words in UseWords list will be
in the index file, discarding the rest of words.

But, what about stemming? The words can be filtered before or after
the stem action...

I know that stemming is not probably a problem for you because the
stem function of swish-e is just for english. For this reason I would
like to hear from other people about this feature.

Of course, another posibility is filter the words in your search script.

cu
Jose