swish-e-2.1.x status and todo list

From: <jmruiz(at)not-real.boe.es>
Date: Mon Oct 30 2000 - 13:05:34 GMT
Hi all,

Well, I have been working hard this weekend. I have added the
following to 2.1.x:
- Header info for all index files will be returned at once by the
sample perl module.
- I have added a simple compression feature for the file and
properties data. It is based in gzip's deflate algorithm but much
more simple (and slow) to implement fast direct access. It is not
enabled by default. I have added this feature because my index
files are now really big: I use many properties to avoid direct access
to the docs and get the main data from the results list.
- I have also fixed a couple of bugs
- I am writing some small html pages to add to the swish
directory to explain the new addons (many people have
asked for them).

It will be available soon, I am testing it now.

Now, the TODO list:
1 - Integrated swishspider with the same funcionality as the perl
program. If you set SwishDirectory, a external one will be
called. Well, this is not urgent. This will make spidering easier for
windows users.
2 - Search in all MetaNames  (something like -w '*=word')
3 - List all words of an index file
4 - List all files of an index file
5 - Real XML support.
6 - PHP module. I really like this one!!

For me, 5 and 6 are the most important. What do you think?

am I missing anything?

cu
Jose