Re: new swish-e 2.X version

From: <jmruiz(at)not-real.boe.es>
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 07:55:24 GMT
Hi Bill,

On 4 Oct 2000, at 13:13, Bill Moseley wrote:

> In 2.1.x what is sp->start in the output?  Is it an offset into the source
> file?

Yes it is the offset. I have added this value for further support of
multidocument files. Now, it is always 0. This extra info makes
the index file a bit longer.
> 2.0:
>   833 ../docs/000166.htm "Food Lover's Glossary" 897
>
> 2.1:
>   1000 ../docs/000166.htm "Food Lover's Glossary" 0 897
>                                                   ^--- here
>
> Do you think that sp->start shouldn't be printed unless some switch is
> used?  Otherwise 2.1 won't be compatible with scripts that read the output
> from pre 2.1 swish binaries.

This is the same case as the indexfile field (I am working on it now).
Perhaps, we can write it if -x flag (extended header) is enabled.

cu
Jose