Re: Bug in experimental swish-e-2.1.0

From: <jmruiz(at)not-real.boe.es>
Date: Fri Sep 29 2000 - 18:06:46 GMT
Hi Bill,

Since it is built from a library, only the required part of the code is
taken when building the perl module. But many of the functions are
common to all the processes. So, you will save memory, but not so
much...

Look at swish-e and testlib (it only uses the search part). These are
their sizes after being stripped in solaris:
testlib: 119468
swish-e: 145156

Well, can we say that we are saving 26 K? Not so much endeed!!

In solaris, when running, testlib uses 1104K (RSS value) and test.pl
uses 2688K (RSS value).

BTW, now part of the info is cached if you do not close the handles;
so the search should be faster...

I will be out until Oct. 3

cu
Jose