Re: incrementing word position

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Sep 22 2000 - 13:19:53 GMT
At 01:20 AM 09/22/00 -0700, you wrote:
>> Would that be very hard to implement?
>>
>Not really. I was thinking in some config  directive like:
>BumpPositionCounterCharacters  |-()

What about multiple characters or some way of saying bump on a period, but
only if it's the end of a sentence?  So,

"It was expensive.  The price was $5.24 at the local store."
                 ^^                 ^                     ^
                Bump              No bump               Bump

Maybe BumpPositionCounterCharacters would need to be a subset of
IgnoreLastChar?

>I have also been working in your lasts posts
>- Get StopWords (SwishStopWords function)

Anyway to get a switch to get the stopwords printed in the headers of the
swish binary?

>- Open Several Files in SwishOpen
>- Do not close the index files after a SwishOpen and
>cache the most useful information to get better search
>performance.

Cool.  I'm looking forward to testing the C Library.

Jose, I don't know how to thank you enough for your help!

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org