Re: incrementing word position

From: <jmruiz(at)not-real.boe.es>
Date: Fri Sep 22 2000 - 08:21:07 GMT
Hi Bill,

> Can you help out with a problem I'm having?

Sure

> I need a way to specify some character(s) that will cause the word position
> to be incremented during indexing.  This is to prevent phrases to match
> across boundaries.
>
> For example, I use a pipe to separate subjects:
>
> Subjects: African Americans -- Civil rights | Teaching materials | People
>
> I wouldn't want "right teaching" to find that, and currently it does.  So
> in this example I'd like to say the pipe symbol bumps the word position.
>
> Some people might like to be able to say the two characters ". " would bump
> the position, too, so phrase matching would be restricted to sentences.
>
> Would that be very hard to implement?

Not really. I was thinking in some config  directive like:
BumpPositionCounterCharacters  |-()

I have also been working in your lasts posts
- Get StopWords (SwishStopWords function)
- Open Several Files in SwishOpen
- Do not close the index files after a SwishOpen and
cache the most useful information to get better search
performance.

Hope to have time to work on these issues during  the weekend ...

Bill, I am also copying this message  to list.

cu
Jose