Re: Memory and swish-e-2.X

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon Sep 18 2000 - 14:12:56 GMT
Welcome back, Jose.  Hope you had a nice vacation.

At 05:22 AM 09/18/00 -0700, jmruiz@boe.es wrote:
>I will release this modifications after completing them.

Great.  I'm glad there will be the -e switch as if there's enough memory I
like the indexing speed as it is now.  Maybe if the indexing time is long
you can print out "Whew! that took a long time.  Try -e next time?" after
indexing. ;)

Jose, I asked before and it seems like there are two paths of code
development; one for the 2.0.x version and the other for the C library.
Are they still separate, or will this new version be based on the Library
code version?

I also have a question about stemmer.c.  I noticed that there are a few
versions of stemmer.c.  I was going to rebuild the stemmer perl module I
use for highlighting.  Should I use the stemmer.c file from the C Library
or from the 2.0.1 distribution?

I'm still looking forward to testing out the C library.  I haven't been
able to get the current version to run:  I'm uncompressing the library, then
./configure
make swish-e

Then I copy libswish-e.a to /usr/local/lib and then in the perl directory

perl Makefile.PL
make
make install (as root)

But SWISHE::SwishOpen fails.  Can you give me any debugging tips?  I also
get make errors for testlib.c.

BTW -- can the C library have a hook into the stemmer routine for Perl?

Thanks,

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org