Documentation

From: David Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Sun Sep 17 2000 - 08:34:27 GMT
I just started playing around with Doxygen on the SWISH-E 2.01 source.
I wonder if we could use it to document the source code a bit better.
Here's a test output:
  http://www.webaugur.com/wares/swishdoc/

I just created a basic config with the DoxyWizard and ran doxygen.  I've
not tried documenting anything, yet.  With Doxygen the source is made to
be self documenting.  There are a number of ways to add documentation
into the source.  To be brief, two methods compatible with C would look
like /*! some docs */ or JavaDocs format /** some docs */  Tags are used
document things like functions parameters (@param) and reference related
functions (@see).

Output formats are: HTML (and MS DevStudio 5/6 HTML-Help), XML, LaTeX,
RTF, and Unix Man.

Doxygen is GPL and runs on Linux, various Unix, and Windows.  Static
(due to QT) binaries are available for several common platforms, source
for others.

--
,David Norris
  ICQ Universal Internet Number - 412039

"I would never belong to a club that would have me as a member!"
                                          - Groucho Marx