Stop words and meta tags

From: Frank Heasley <DrHeasley(at)not-real.chemistry.com>
Date: Fri Sep 15 2000 - 21:15:45 GMT
Although stop words are important, there is no provision (that I'm aware
of) that can override them.

If "yes" or "no" are important words in your database, you're basically
outta luck.

Suppose I wanted to find all  of the people in my database who were had
drivers licenses and own vehicles.

I would include the following meta tags in their files:

Of course, you can delete "yes" and "no" from swish.h, but they'll still
show up as stop words because they appear in all or most of your files.

This is a function common to all database programs.

A variable like "Override_Stop_Words" in config.h or index.conf which would
allow you to enter a few words like "yes" or "no"  would greatly enhance
SWISH-E's usefulness.

Frank