Re: metaphone word indexing/searching

From: brent verner <brent(at)not-real.rcfile.org>
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 18:23:48 GMT
On 12 Sep 2000 at 05:47 (-0700), Bas Meijer wrote:
| Hi Brent,
|
| http://aspell.sourceforge.net/metaphone/ mentions other C
| implementations of this algorithm:
|
| http://www.strangecreations.com/library/snippets/Metaphon.C
| http://aspell.sourceforge.net/metaphone/metaphone-fidai.txt
|

| Is Kuhn's the best one?

not sure, though Kuhn liked his results better than Fidia's. There
is another metaphone-like algo that I'll take a look at. In any case,
I've cleaned up (optimized) my soundex.c file a bit since posting
it, so I'll take a look at a couple more alternative algos and repost
a cleaner file (including all requires licensing info).

  brent

| Bas Meijer
|

| >On 12 Sep 2000 at 01:13 (-0700), Bas Meijer wrote:
| >| Hi Damon,
| >|
| >|
| >| I would like to know the source of your code as well as it's licence.
| >| You say it's in the public domain, it would be nice to give credit
| >| where credit is due, like in a CHANGES/CREDITS file. Could you find
| >| out the author? hopefully with email address/homepage?
| >|

--
Damon Brent Verner                        o      _     _         _
Cracker JackŪ Surprise Certified  _o     /\_   _ \\o  (_)\__/o  (_)