Re: metaphone word indexing/searching

From: Bas Meijer <bas(at)not-real.antraciet.nl>
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 08:14:06 GMT
Hi Damon,

I would like to know the source of your code as well as it's licence.
You say it's in the public domain, it would be nice to give credit
where credit is due, like in a CHANGES/CREDITS file. Could you find
out the author? hopefully with email address/homepage?

Thanks in advance for your effort on this.

kind regards,

Bas Meijer

--- soundex.c
/*
  * NOTE: this is _not_ soundex. it is the metaphone algo. I just used
  * the soundex function name, so I could drop this file in and run.
  *
  * if this code looks familiar, it is. I stole it from somewhere, but
  * have modified it a bit. if you need to know the original source,
  * I can find out. the original code was public domain...
  */
----