RE: First post from a new user

From: Bas Meijer <bas(at)not-real.antraciet.nl>
Date: Fri Sep 08 2000 - 14:15:16 GMT

>Now, two more questions, please
>
>I want to exclude some directories from the index. Is there an easy way to
>do that? I didn't see an obvious parameter.
>
>Assuming there is no easy way, I can modify fc.c to just skip it. Is this an
>option others would be interested in, and if so, what is the procedure for
>donating 'enhancements'?
>
>don

Don:

You can exlude files and directories in several (easy) ways:

# Directories
FileRules pathname contains .*dir1
FileRules directory contains .htaccess

# Files
FileRules filename contains  % ~ .bak .orig .old old.
FileRules title contains construction example test beta
FileRules filename is index.html
# Files matching the above criteria will *not* be indexed.
# The patter matching uses the C library regex.h

These are there since 1.1 (1994?)

Kind regards,

Bas Meijer
--