Bumping the word position on phrase indexing

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Sat Sep 02 2000 - 05:41:42 GMT
Hi,

Wish list addition:

I rewrote my search term highlighting to work with phrases and now I see
that I need some word or symbol that will bump the word position number
during indexing.  The problem is that I sometimes don't want a phrase to be
found across some type of boundary.

For example, I have meta data that is separated by a pipe:

<subject>
subject one|subject two|subject three
</subject>

I want to search for "subject one" but not "two subject".  So it would be
handy if I could say the "|" is used to bump the word position count during
indexing.

To make phrase highlighting work better I also need get the stop words
returned in the header.

We should have chipped in and bought Jose a laptop for his vacation ;)

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org