Re: Swish 2.0.1 beta: xml tags?

From: David Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Sat Aug 26 2000 - 04:18:25 GMT
Frank Heasley wrote:
> Things I haven't tried yet:
> Is it necessary to name ALL of the tags?

Just the ones you want to store in the index.

> If so, what is the function of 'automatic'?

Automatic is good at making the index file enormous.  I found it more
annoying than anything with HTML.  Probably vastly more useful with
XML.  There may be a bug.  I used it once to see how it works and
immediately killed it once it (incorrectly) added every HTML tag in my
document.

> Is it required that ALL of the tags be repeated
> in the properties section?

Only the ones you want to be included directly in the search results.

> There are 4 possible combinations of 'OKNOMETA' and 'REQMETANAME'.  Which
> one is correct?

Someone else will have to answer that.  I'm not sure.  I think the
manual is correct with it's explanation (not that I recall it).

--
,David Norris
  ICQ Universal Internet Number - 412039

"I would never belong to a club that would have me as a member!"
                                          - Groucho Marx