large index

From: Lee Herron <jleeherron(at)not-real.pcola.gulf.net>
Date: Sat Aug 19 2000 - 01:35:59 GMT
Perhaps my attempted post earlier didn't make it.

I have everything working properly, but I think the OS is shutting down the index process (during it, it ends with 'killed') and I'm trying to come up with a work around. Currently I'm thinking of collecting all the filenames into a list, breaking up that list into a few smaller sub-list, indexing them with unique indices and merging them all together afterwards. (btw, I'm only trying to index 9500 html docs -- geez, what better need for a search engine) These are all in one directory, so the obvious answer doesn't apply.

Any tips or ideas?