thread safe stemmer.c

From: <jmruiz(at)not-real.boe.es>
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 18:27:02 GMT
Hi all,

As you know, I am trying to get a decent thread safe C library
to get some perl or php modules in a near future.

Perhaps some of you have hacked stemmer.c before...

Among other things, this module has a global variable (end) that
makes the code thread unsafe. Can anybody fix this in order to get
a decent function like:

stemmedword=(char *)SwishStem(word);

Perhaps this person can also remove the references to
MAXSTRLEN in the code to get also a memory safe function.

Since this is just an English function I am not the best person to
modify it. Probably, I will make errors in coding and testing without
noticing them.

BTW, other languages stemming or soundex functions are
welcome.

cu
Jose