Re: Dutch Stopword list for Swish-E 2.0

From: <jmruiz(at)not-real.boe.es>
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 16:07:28 GMT
Hi Bill,

On 1 Aug 2000, at 6:21, Bill Moseley wrote:

> At 02:14 AM 08/01/00 -0700, jmruiz@boe.es wrote:
> >The C library is in a very alpha implementation.
>
> Hi Jose,
>
> Do you have any experience in writing threaded application?

Yes, long time ago I was programming a couple of threaded
applications for OS/2. And threads are always threads...

> In your opinion, how hard would it be to make a thread-safe version of the
> search part of swish?

The main problem is that Swish uses dozens of global variables. To
fix this sitiation, I have put all of them into a C struture. A pointer to
this structure is the handle of the search.
There are also static variables in some routines that needs to be
checked. So, I think that it is not very difficult to get a thread-safe
version of the search part of swish-e

> Let me know if you get a perl module close and I'll build it into
> Apache/mod_perl.  In your C library, are you considering that there could
> be more than one search during the life of the program?

Of course, each search is identified by a handle.

cu
Jose