Re: Paths in search

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 13:21:55 GMT
At 02:05 AM 08/01/00 -0700, Andrew Linn wrote:
>We would like to be able to offer our users the ability of restricting
>thier searches to a particular area of the filestore (without having
>seperate indexes for each of the small sections). This would involve
>being able to search on the pathname stored in the index file.

I was wondering about this the other day.  I would just filter the swish
results, but that might be a nice feature to build into swish.

On the other hand, the way the index is stored I'm not real sure there
would be that much speed gained by having swish internally filter the
results vs. filtering in your calling script/program.

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org