Paths in search

From: Andrew Linn <andrew_linn(at)not-real.hotmail.com>
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 09:05:09 GMT
Hi,

Don't think that the search does this at the moment
but I could be wrong.

We have a filestore with different sections in it. All of these
sections come under a root directory that describes that section.

We would like to be able to offer our users the ability of restricting
thier searches to a particular area of the filestore (without having
seperate indexes for each of the small sections). This would involve
being able to search on the pathname stored in the index file.

Example:
Out alerts index has a section for CERT in it. Most users will want
to search all alerts but other users want the ability to search just
the CERT section. The paths stored are:
        /alerts/ - all alerts
        /alerts/certcc/ - cert section

If this is possible I would be greatful. If it is not immediatly
achievable then could I add it to the wish list.

Regards
Andrew