Re: Re: new version of swish-e-1.3.2-PHRASE (m) - Crash was my fault

From: David Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Mon Jul 03 2000 - 21:11:17 GMT
Chris Humphries wrote:
> It looks as if the crash I was getting in swish_132.exe and SWISH_2.exe was
> my fault.  I was using a modified version of the spider that wasn't passing back
> response files where SWISH expected them. Consequently the program crashed.

It still shouldn't crash.  Sounds like the error handling needs a look.
My guess is that some bit of code is making an assumption about the
spider.

> Does SWISH ever check to see if it can load the files the spider outputs?

If it does not then it should.

> Sorry for the false alarm.

I'd consider anything capable of crashing a program well worth reporting
and debugging.  These sorts of silly bugs in the code can cause hours of
troubleshooting nonexistent problems for the end user.

I'll still try to get a debug build out.  And, I'll try to crash SWISH-E
with a bad spider in the debugger to have a look.  (I think I already
know where this problem will be.)

--
,David Norris
  ICQ Universal Internet Number - 412039