Recursive Filtering

From: Andrew Linn <andrew_linn(at)not-real.hotmail.com>
Date: Mon Jun 26 2000 - 11:44:01 GMT
I am looking at using the filtering options for processing .ps
and .pdf files etc. (rather than doing it in a script as I do now).

Are the filters recursive such that I can build filters to process:
gateway.ps.tar.Z
and index the words in the .ps file.

i.e. could I have three filters: one for .Z, one for .tar and one
for .ps and these would be applied to the output of each section
or would I need to create a filter for .ps.tar.Z which did all the
conversion.

Also does anyone know of a good converter for .doc files to run on
RedHat Linux?

Regards
Andrew

ps Sorry about the blank e-mail. HCI problems with hotmail.