Re: RE: Patched Spider

From: David Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Sat Jun 24 2000 - 11:20:19 GMT
PropheZine Webmaster wrote:
> I tested your spider against my personal site and it worked fine.  I tested
> against http://www.prophecyinthenews.com/index.asp and it does not function:

You sure that SWISH-E is working correctly?  Did you make sure that the
first spider patch hadn't mangled SWISH-E 1.3.2?  I'm not sure what
would happen if you tried to patch something that already was patched.

(And, why is the spider patch still in the Patches directory of the web
site if it's already been applied to the 1.3.2 release?  Shouldn't it be
in the "prior to 1.3.2" directory?)

> Indexing Data Source: "HTTP-Crawler"
> retrieving http://www.prophecyinthenews.com/ (0)...
>  (18 words)

Here's what I get:
$ ./swish-e -S http -c user.config
Indexing Data Source: "HTTP-Crawler"
retrieving http://www.prophecyinthenews.com/index.asp (0)...
 (154 words)

And it's still crawling it's way across the site...  It seems to be
working perfectly.

--
,David Norris
  ICQ Universal Internet Number - 412039