Patched Spider

From: David Norris <dave(at)>
Date: Sat Jun 24 2000 - 02:53:57 GMT
PropheZine Webmaster wrote:
> 2.  applied the spider and spider2 patches

The spider patch is already applied to http.c in 1.3.2.

I have a patched and tested swishspider at:

I also changed the #! to /usr/bin/perl since that is a standard location
for the PERL binary.  The reference in the distribution is SPARC

The spider works perfectly with "perl, version 5.005_03 built for
i386-linux"  I can't test on BSD since the version of PERL on the system
is ancient (as is the system).

> if( substr($response-header("content-type"), 0, length("text/html")) eq
> "text/html" ) {

Looks correct to me.

,David Norris
  Dave's Web -