RE: new version of swish-e-1.3.2-PHRASE (m)

From: Jose Manuel Ruiz <jmruiz(at)not-real.boe.es>
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 13:52:30 GMT
Hi Rainer

Rainer.Scherg@rexroth.de wrote:

> Hi Jose!
>
> I tried and compiled the new version.
> filtera are working fine so far.
>
> Just a remark to the code (file.c):
>
>        else if ((c = (char *) lstrstr(line, "FileFilter"))) {
>                 c += strlen("FileFilter");
>                 sl=parse_line(c);
>                 if(sl && sl->n==2) {
>                     filterlist = (struct filter *)
>                        addfilter(filterlist,sl->word[0],
>                                     sl->word[1],filterdir);
>                     freeStringList(sl);
>                 } else progerr("FileFilter requires two values");
>             }
>

> the c += strlen ("FileFilter") is obsolete, because your routine
> parse_line() does the job already. You just have to pass
> sl->word[1] and sl->word[2] (and of course check sl->n ==3)
> (a slight optinmization).

I agree. Th code can be something like
else  {
       sl=parse_line(c);
       if(sl && sl->n) {
              if(!strcasecmp(sl->word[0],"FileFilter) {
                        if(sl->n==3) {
                        } else progerr();
              } else if(!strcasecmp(sl->word[0],"OtherOp" {
              }
       }
}

> I would like to include another feature into swish-e
> (not yet coded). swish-e only supports a standard list of
> stop words. Stopwords of other langues are to be defined in the
> config file. This is IMO to complicated if you got a lot of stopwords.
>
> I would like to propose the following directive:
>
>       IgnoreWords   SwishDefault
>       IgnoreWords   <word> [<word> ...]
> new:  IgnoreWords   File: <path-to-stop-word-file>
>
> path contains a file with stop words (separated by whitespaces).
> So swish could provide default stopword files for English, German,
> French, Spanish, etc. etc..
>
> Any remarks to this?

I like it. Perhaps we could use a C style directive:
IgnoreWords   #include <path-to-stop-word-file>

In this way you can include files elsewhere in the
config file.

cu
Jose