merge index files and temporary directories

From: Kees Vonk 7249 24549 <KEES.VONK(at)not-real.BGTRANSCO.CO.UK>
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 18:50:32 GMT
I have yesterday downloaded and installed swish-e 1.3.2 and I
am very please with it so far.

There is just one problem I have run into, when trying to
merge index file swish-e seems to create two temporary file
in /var/tmp, because of the size and amount of my index files
these temporary files get very big. Unfortunately our
/var/tmp directory does not have a lot (at least not that
much) space left, which resulted in the /var filesystem
filling up. I had to manually stop swish-e merging and remove
the temporary file to get things freed up again.

I cannot find anywhere where I can specify what directory to
use for temporary files (I am using the filesystem method,
rather than http).

Looking in the archives I found that someone had posted a
much more detailed message on the same problem in 1997, has
this been fixed since than, or can I still not specify the
temporary file directory.

Kees Vonk