Re: new version of swish-e-1.3.2-PHRASE (m)

From: Jose Manuel Ruiz <jmruiz(at)>
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 08:24:35 GMT

> There are only a few warnings about signed/unsigned mismatches.  I don't
> think those are major problems.  I will look at them closer.
Can you send me a copy of the warnings?. Perhaps, they could be
in order to garantee a portable index file.
Look at hash in hash.c:

unsigned hash(s)
char *s;
        unsigned hashval;

        for (hashval = 0; *s != '\0'; s++)
                hashval = (int)((unsigned char) *s) + 31 * hashval;
        return hashval % HASHSIZE;

I could find a mistmatch between AIX and solaris giving different
before adding the cast "unsigned char" to *s. This gave me slightly
file indexes with errors in search.

> There is some trouble with <META> tag parsing on Windows.  It doesn't
> index content when there are <META name="something" content="something">
> tags in the document.  It acts as if it never closes the META indexing
> routine.  I plan to try and find the cause this weekend.  This bug does
> not seem to occur on Linux 2.2.  Any suggestions?

Can you send me a sample config file and the file with the problem?

Jose Manuel Ruiz Ramos