Future versions of swish-e

From: Jose Manuel Ruiz <jmruiz(at)not-real.boe.es>
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 13:49:31 GMT
Hi all,

As you know, I have made several modifications to swish-e.
I think the package is complete to satisfy my own requirements
but it could be improved in future versions if there are enough
people interested on it.

I have several things in mind:
1 - Compression of Filenames and Properties. I Think that zlib
package can be used. I have never used it before and I do not
know if it can fit the requirements.
2 - More data types. swish-e only searchs for words. What about
date an numeric data?. There is no way now to extract data
between two dates.
3 - A perl/php module/library?
4 - A server?
5 - A get document option with some type of word highlighting?
6 - Better sorting of results. Now there is only a descending sort.
7 - Better use of memory. Now, swish-e uses a lot of memory. But
memory is cheaper every day...
8 - More work on "XML".

Any comments?

Have nice weekend