URGENT: Process Not Dying Off

From: Eric Haymaker <ehaymaker(at)not-real.aphelioninc.com>
Date: Mon May 15 2000 - 18:03:38 GMT
After a search, the process is not dying off.  Our website host runs a BSD/OS Unix server. I found some info in this discussin thread about "runaway process".  I followed the instructions for changing the code, but I still have runnaway processes. Here is what I found in the discussion thread, which doesn't seem to have stopped the problem).

In getfileinfo() in search.c, it does:
while ((c = fgetc (fp)) != 0);
which should really be:
while ((c = fgetc (fp)) != 0 && c != EOF);

It probably shouldn't ever hit the EOF, but you never know. The same
thing is true of the for() loop this is enclosed in, and you probably
want to change the "if (c == 0)" below the for loop to be "if (c == 0 ||
c == EOF)".

 to change some code in search c