Re: swish-e -t option

From: Jose Manuel Ruiz <jmruiz(at)not-real.boe.es>
Date: Fri May 12 2000 - 15:10:01 GMT
Hi, Marc

marc 'embee' borms wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> >There is an alternative to -t option: Use document properties
> >(MetaNames). The problem with this is that there is no way to extract
>
> At this moment ( i am a swish-e newbie, forgive me ), i think document
> properties
> are useful for explicit <META NAME="blabla"> .
>
> Am i right that you can add a feature that makes it possible to use
> <METANAME> and </METANAME> info ?

I think so. In fact, I am currently rewriting part of the code to add
some
other features like phrase searching, sort of results by metaname,
portable
index file, memory overruns, etc. Some of then are working now. When it
becomes
stable it could be version 2 of swish-e if people agree. Read past
entries in
discussion for more info.

But sorry, it is in a beta state now. Please, give me a couple of weeks
fix all bugs.

Since "XML MetaName style" is very easy to add to swish-e (it is almost
identical
to METANAME etraction), perhaps it will appear in my next beta.

Jose Ruiz

jmruiz@boe.es