Re: New version swish-e-1.3.2-PHRASEi

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon May 08 2000 - 17:35:44 GMT
At 06:21 PM 05/08/00 +0200, Jose Manuel Ruiz wrote:

[recalculating word positions after automatic stopwords are removed]

>Now, I am coding to fix it. What I am doing is a global
>recalculation of word positions if automatic stopwords are found.
>It is made entirely in memory (all the words are stored in memory
>while indexing) but this is a terrible CPU eater process
>that can slowdown indexing (For each stopword all
>word position must be fixed). From my very first update of the
>code until now, the code is getting faster but I recomend
>using IgnoreWords instead of IngnoreLimit if you want
>good indexing performace. This issue does not affect to search.
>The fix will be available in next update.

This is great.  So, Maybe Swish at the end of indexing should be really
noisy and suggest moving any automatic stopwords found into the
configuration file?

[...]

>as you have read, only a few requests of the code have been made.

My guess is that there will be a lot of demand for the new version.  It's
faster indexing, seems faster in searching, and has phrase searching.  You
and SRE have done a lot for security, too, and just general improvement of
the code.  These are major improvements.

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org