Re: New version swish-e-1.3.2-PHRASEi

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 23:15:48 GMT
At 05:10 AM 05/05/00 -0700, Jose Manuel Ruiz wrote:
>At last there is a new version: swish-e-1.3.2-PHRASEi.

>- Wildcard search totally rewritten. expandstar and getmatchword
>removed.
>All the logic now is implemented in getfileinfo. So, the search is
>faster because is computed only once.

I'd encourage people to try this version.  Indexing seems almost twice as
fast now, and searching is really quick, too.

>- Added more info to the index header to use it in the future:
>Wordchars,
>Beginchars, etc.

Great!  This will be useful when implemented.

The phrase search still seems to bump the word counter when stop words are
included in a search.  Is that an easy fix?

Now, if I could just figure out a good way to do search term highlighting
in phrase mode.  I'm having a hard time finding a way to do it that won't
require a lot of post-processing.

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org