Re: Re: Status of PHRASE search

From: SRE <eckert(at)not-real.climber.org>
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 22:34:58 GMT
At 04:31 PM 4/19/00 -0500, David Norris wrote:
>So, we may be able to use strcmp in place of strcasecmp on Windows?

Nope.

>That looked like a viable option from what I could tell.  The man page
>in Linux didn't mention that strcmp is implementation dependant.  In
>Linux, strcmp and strcasecmp appear to be the same.

I'm positive strcmp *IS* case sensitive on *ALL* operating systems.
Whether or not the OS is case sensitive with respect to file names,
the comparison function must be.

If you don't have strcasecmp, look for stricmp or something else
which is not case sensitive. It has to be in there somewhere! The
only alternative would be to (UGH) make lower-case copies yourself.

SRE

mailto:eckert(at)not-real.climber.org | http://www.climber.org/eckert/
Info on peak climbing email lists mailto:info@climber.org

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world:
the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
  -- George Bernard Shaw